INSIST ON THE BEST! WE SELL AND STOCK GENUINE HARKAWAY BLUESTONE PAVERS and TILES. THE BEST QUALITY BLUESTONE PAVERS and BLUESTONE TILES FOR SALE IN AUSTRALIA!
We deliver genuine HARKAWAY BLUESTONE pavers door to door on a daily basis into Melbourne suburbs and to ALL country towns in Victoria. We recommend the following guide for buying Harkaway Bluestone Pavers and Tiles: 10mm :thick bluestone tiles should be laid directly onto a concrete slab or great for balconies and decks. 20mm :thick bluestone pavers can be laid as above OR onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement 30mm :thick bluestone pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation.
SIZES OF BLUESTONE TILES and BLUESTONE PAVERS STOCKED SALE NOW ON
– Select one of the adhesives above (they ALL have a rapid setting time) and simply mix as per manufactures specifications then notch the adhesive onto the back of EVERY tile (ensuring 100% coverage).
– Let the adhesive set, usually around 3-4 hrs and then install the tiles as per your usual technique into the wet sand and cement mix.
– This system minimises the risk of any of the tiles warping slightly due to being moisture sensitive.
– GROUTING should ONLY occur IF the tiles have been completely dry for at least 4 days in a row.
– IT IS NOT acceptable to blow the water out of the joints and then grout as you WILL have effluence issues, possibly warping issues, picture framing due to trapped excessive moisture.
– You must of course follow the Australian Tiling Standards in regard to incorporating expansion joints into your tiling. Failure to do so WILL lead to drummy and lifting tiles.
Only recommended around BBQ areas or when the blue stone tiles are installed as internal floor tiles. Bluestone pavers and tiles can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the easy ongoing clean up of the stone pavers OR a colour enhancing penetrating sealer. These are also available at Stone & Slate Discounts.
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react adversely.
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high-pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. A solution of mild detergent and water can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.