If you’re after the bluestone look at a very cheap price, choose our Chinese Bluestone tiles and pavers.
This is the standard quality typically found Australia wide. There is likely to be between 0-20% max of the surface of any tile to contain Cat’s paw in your order. Additionally, this Chinese bluestone will have more colour and texture variation in the tiles. Great if you want to great a bluestone look with lots of natural character. Chinese China Blue Bluestone Tiles & Pavers are internationally renown for being a great value for money paver. It is the most similar Bluestone/Basalt in colour and quality to Australian Bluestone on the Australian market. With a higher density and texture with a sawn surface finish achieving a higher non slip level. This is a mid grey coloured bluestone and looks great when grouted with a light grey/neutral coloured grout BUT for those of you seeking a darker shade ie charcoal grey we recommend grouting with our charcoal grey stone grout. You can see the effect of the 2 different grouts in one of the pictures above. It is to be expected in Chinese Bluestone to get a dimensional or thickness variation of +-3mm, this is why we recommend that you lay this bluestone in BRICK BOND ONLY and allow for an 8mm grout joint (due to the tile variations).
– Select one of the adhesives above (they ALL have a rapid setting time) and simply mix as per manufactures specifications then notch the adhesive onto the back of EVERY tile (ensuring 100% coverage).
– Let the adhesive set, usually around 3-4 hrs and then install the tiles as per your usual technique into the wet sand and cement mix.
– This system minimises the risk of any of the tiles warping slightly due to being moisture sensitive.
– GROUTING should ONLY occur IF the tiles have been completely dry for at least 4 days in a row.
– IT IS NOT acceptable to blow the water out of the joints and then grout as you WILL have effluence issues, possibly warping issues, picture framing due to trapped excessive moisture.
– You must of course follow the Australian Tiling Standards in regard to incorporating expansion joints into your tiling. Failure to do so WILL lead to drummy and lifting tiles.
Bluestone can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the ongoing clean up of the stone.
An invisible penetrating sealer can be applied prior to grouting which will facilitate easy clean up after application of the grout.
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react.
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning. A solution of mild detergent and water, can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates.
Chinese Bluestone Tiles & Pavers (Standard Melbourne Grade)
Standard Grade Chinese Bluestone Tiles & Pavers are a cheap and cheerful way to add character to your paving. These are our most affordable natural bluestone tiles and pavers and come with matching pool coping if required. Dimensional tolerances of +- 3mm are to be expected. Please therefore install in brick bond pattern with a 8mm joint.
"Being in a small country town in WA, I was sceptical with ordering my bluestone paving. Howver the amazing customer service and free sample helped me make the best decision to choose you guys. Couldn't be happier with my pavers!"
"The best bluestone tiles ive ever seen. Looks great in our driveway"
"I've searched all over Melbourne for good quality Bluestone tiles and pavers for my clients. Luckily I stumbled across Bluestone Tiles Warehouse. Great range of products with very competitive prices."